This family is seeking a Family Assistant to help keep the day-to-day operations of their family home running smoothly. The schedule is Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM with occasional evenings, weekends, and overnights.
The start date is flexible as long as the candidate is able to begin by August 2021. The family has two children, aged 15 and 13, and a sweet little dog.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of Family Assistant experience with adolescents and pets, and be willing to work closely with the family’s Executive Assistant to manage schedules and vendor and service appointments. Please also be Covid-19 vaccinated.
Duties will include:
• Prepare and cook healthy meals and snacks for the family (breakfast and dinner weekdays only), prepare children’s school lunches. NOTE: Children are allergic to nuts (all kinds).
• Help family load car for 7:10 am departure from home for work and school: briefcase, coffee, lunches, backpacks, homework, etc.
• Must be enjoy walking and caring for the family’s small dog.
• Clean up kitchen after meal preparations (breakfast, school lunches, dinner).
• Proactively manage and organize the household appearance with daily light housekeeping in between the weekly housekeeping service, tidying up bedrooms and making beds, etc.
• Work with house service/maintenance/repair providers – e.g., electrician, landscaper, housekeeping service, etc. Give access to the home as needed, show where repairs or work needs to be completed.
• Liaise with housekeepers.
• Order groceries, supplies, and other requested items.
• Errands (e.g., shopping, gift purchases, dry cleaning, car wash, deliveries).
• Help unload car upon family’s arrival from work and school.
• Laundry 3 times per week (includes ironing and putting away clothes).
• Perform ad hoc duties as requested or assigned.
“I would like to thank the whole team at SPN for all you guys do. In this midst of the heartbreak and hardships the COVID-19 crisis has imposed on our neighbors, our families, and our friends, I am also inspired and deeply moved by the compassion, resiliency, and the human spirit of the SPN team. Thank you for being there with us. We are here for you.”
"I would rate Stanford Park Nannies very highly! They provide a great flow of very qualified candidates, who are all prepared to pay taxes. They have a great vetting process and did not waste our time with those that weren’t a fit. In addition to our full-time search, they had the ability to quickly identify relevant interim/temp nannies as well!"
"SPN is a powerhouse agency of incredible women who embody experience, passion, and a heart for service!"
"SPN provides you with a current understanding of what should be expected of nannies and employers and they empower you by coaching you through it all. When I started to interview with families, they gave me great feedback—it felt like I had my own personal interviewing cheerleaders!"