National Nanny Training Day
Saturday, April 29th, 2017
National Nanny Training Day is an annual event held to recognize the needs of young children and to raise awareness of the positive correlation between nanny training and quality care. This national initiative is part of Week of the Young Child, an annual celebration sponsored by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
On Saturday, April 29th nannies from all over the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia will gather in their local communities at training events designed to meet their unique needs.
Goals of National Nanny Training Day:
– Promote awareness of the importance of nanny training
– Offer an inclusive, educational event for ALL nannies (This event is open to all nannies in our community, no need to be registered with SPN!)
– Raise the overall quality of nanny care
– Encourage the growth of the NNTD movement by supporting each other’s efforts
Topics for this Year:
- “Straight Talk about Taxes & Nannies’ Rights”
- “Bye-Bye Diapers: Toilet Learning”
- “Understanding & Supporting New Mothers”
- “Put the Oxygen Mask on Yourself First!”
- “Supporting Children’s Thinking through Play”