This family is seeking a personal assistant/ family manager to ensure tasks run smoothly and efficiently in their busy household! The schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM. Occasional weekend flexibility to assist with events is also required with advanced notice.
This position entails heavy use of technology and requires the skills and/or ability to quickly learn. Programs that will be used are: iCal, Google Calendar, Doodle, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, iPhoto, Photoshop, and Paperless Post.
Business-related responsibilities will include:
– Daily and monthly calendar management
– Creating documents for business meetings
– Creating flyers and gift certificates
– Monitoring e-mail and taking action when necessary
– Planning, organizing, and following up on several school or charity events per month
– Managing RSVPs and vendors
– Tracking invoices and preparing them for payment
– Managing UPS and FedEx deliveries
– Ordering home and office supplies
– Cataloging/ organizing digital photos
Family-related responsibilities include:
– Maintaining and executing lists for trips and household events
– Serving as a liaison with scheduled visitors, vendors, and maintenance people
– Managing a family bulletin board with invitations and schedules
– Ordering, wrapping, and shipping gifts and assuring RSVPs and thank you notes are completed
– Checking home voice mails
– Sorting and opening mail
– Working on family meal plans and lists of grocery deliveries in vacation locations
– Helping to maintain a database of family recipes
– Manage all aspects of maintenance and repairs of property, vehicles, and pet care
The ideal person for this position will be organized, engaged, and calm. He/she must be able to thrive under pressure in an environment that relies heavily on the ability to multitask! Experience working in a home environment is required. The ability to anticipate needs, plan ahead and pay attention to details is a must.